Hi there!

Hi there!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Currently Reading

I enjoy reading when I have the time. I also like to purchase things. I am currently reading "Mafia Encyclopedia" (Third Edition). This jem of a book was a gift from my boss, who once asked me what my hobbies were. I blurted out "The Mafia". Not like "The Mafia" is really any kind of a hobby, like golfing or scuba-diving or church but I got nervous. I read too much into the question. I suppose I said the Mafia becuase to me "what are your hobbies?", actually means, "blurt out something totally random". At any rate, I guess he admired my interest in organized crime, because I was presented with this wonderful guide of the inner workings of the boss's, the capo's, and the consigliere's.

I like to read a few excerpts each night. The book is organized (haha organized, like organized crime) alphabetically. If you become confused during the day and can't remember whether Angelo Genna or Joe Aiella was the Chicago boss, just look up each by the first letter of their last name, and BAM. Question answered. I'm not sure why exactly I am obsessed with the idea of organized crime or the Mafia. It started many moons ago, I remember once sitting around my parents house in Owasso just really hoping someone we knew was a mobster. I casually asked my dad "Do you know anyone in the Mafia?" To which he replied "Uhh, I'm in a Union at work, I think alot of times, Mafia has to do with the Union." Hahahahaha. Clearly my dad has a regular hobby of golf, not MAFIA.

Furthermore, I have decided to learn Italian. I have the Rosetta Stone Italian. I opened it up and it confused the hell out of me. If anyone has done "the stone" let me know how it works. I will close with a great quote from Al Capone . . . "I don't even know what street Canada is on."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amber...i didn't know you had a bloggity blog! I am OBSESSED with the Mafia too!!! Haven't read anything in a while...being a mother and all. But it is of great interest to me. This is Amanda Barefoot, by the way.

    ReplyDelete