Hi there!

Hi there!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Nappy Roots and Rhinoplasty

Missed my hair appointment on Monday because I was hiding out in the bathroom at work from the "tornado." Having grown up in Oklahoma, I should be used to the tornado drills. At any rate, rescheduled aforementioned hair appointment for today at 5:30. Mind you, I get my hair colored every four weeks. Some say high maintenance, I say routine maintenance. I am very picky about the color of my hair, and the moment a root starts to show, I'm ready to be in that chair with foils on. Now, this hair appointment on Monday which I missed was already a reschedule from my recent trip to Antlers, OK. So today, I am going on about 5.5 weeks with no color touch up. Very stressfull situation. The only thing stressing me out more is the recent nomination of Elena Kagan (more on that another time). So I was going to be a rebel, and leave work early. At 5. I really can justify this because it is Wednesday and I haven't taken a lunch anyday this week... Justified or not, it has to be done. Well, about 1.5 hours ago, JLo informs me that our boss will be rolling into town this afternoon. Damn the luck. This is the one situation that is going to prevent me from getting my hair colored tonight. I am thoroughly dissapointed. 

In other news, why didn't I buy pet health insurance. My dog's go to the vet more than I get my roots done. Margot Polo has been three times for this cough she has been battling. The most recent time, Dr. 90210 confirmed what he said during her early months, "the dog will need a rhinoplasty." Now, the first time I really thought he could be kidding, or maybe getting the rhinoplasty was something he tells every new pet owner to downplay all the other expenses they get you for at the vet on a routine visit. No, no, he really thinks in about 6 months M.P. a/k/a Heidi Dogtag will need a nose job. I guess her nasal passageway is to small to allow for an adequate amount of air to flow through, resulting in breathing problems, etc. etc.  I guess I will forego paying for myself to have any kind of work done, maybe a facial, peel, eyebrow wax... My dog's gettin plastics.

No comments:

Post a Comment